Help, please?

Hello everybody. You guys were extremely helpful when I asked for international author recommendations, so I figured I'd ask for your help with something else. If you have a moment, I'd like your help with an ongoing project of mine. In an attempt to broaden my horizons, I've been reading many firsts in series and new-to-me authors. My favorite genres are dark literary fiction and literary horror, but I enjoy thrillers and action novels as well. Please no horror for horror's sake. I've had my fill of the Edward Lee's of the writing world and numerous Laymon clones. I tend to stay away from paranormal suspense and urban fantasy, but I've been known to dabble in both. Loved the first two Sandman Slim books. I cannot stand romance of any kind. I told you all that not because I'm filling out an application for a reader-targeted dating site, but because I want to narrow down my search criteria.

I'm looking for bestselling authors I have not read before. Below, I have a list of authors I've tried or plan to try over the next year. I've marked the ones that I didn't enjoy or have burned out on. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comment section.

Oh, and to be clear about romance, I'm talking about romance as the main storyline. You know, bodice-rippers and straight-laced love stories. If the thriller/horror/lit fic your posting has a romantic subplot, I'm cool with that. But please, don't let romance be the only thing going on. I don't care for erotica either.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

J.K. Rowling (Liked two out of seven Potter books, but I'll be reading her Strike series)

Dean Koontz (His last ten books were horrible, and I've read everything else)

Stephen King (Read everything he's written aside from his latest collection)

Robert Ludlum

James Patterson (Hate is not a strong enough word)

John Grisham

Dan Brown

Michael Crichton

Clive Cussler (This guy is just as bad as Patterson)

Ken Follett

Chuck Palahniuk

Sue Grafton

Robert R. McCammon

Peter Straub

Clive Barker (Amazingly talented writer, but I can rarely finish his books)

Thanks in advance!