Broth and Stock from the Nourished Kitchen: Wholesome Master Recipes for Bone, Vegetable, and Seafood Broths and Meals to Make with Them Review

Broth and Stock from the Nourished Kitchen: Wholesome Master Recipes for Bone, Vegetable, and Seafood Broths and Meals to Make with Them - Jennifer McGruther

Do you like soup? Do you like braising things? Are you prone to influenza, gullible when it comes to the newest cleanses, or have chronic mud butt and just need to rehydrate? Then this book is for you!

Chicken stock, beef stock, fish stock, stock for Asian dishes, stock for stuff you've never even heard of, orange stock (the color, not the fruit), upsetting-looking brown stock, stock the color of infected urine! It's all here!

Wanna learn how to boil flavor into the most tasteless meat? Splash some stock on your Russian chick and call it "Pena!" Are you an amateur cannibal who's found human to be too gamey? Dip your neighbor in some dashi and he'll thank you for it!

And in case you have the IQ of a Trump supporter, there's even a list of websites in the back of the book where you can order your own free-range, non-GMO, homogenized, slightly-racist, super-judgmental goat!

Jennifer McGruther has her finger on the pulse of the broth community. If she came any closer to perfection, I could put out a restraining order against her!

EXCLAMATION MARKS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In summation. I'm sure everything in here is delicious. But let's be real. Broth is the original flavored water. You can make broth out of anything if you try hard enough. I'm only giving this three stars instead of five because I was super disappointed that I didn't find any obscure broth, like bison stock or jellyfish stock. Then again, nothing beats some good, old fashioned cock stock. YARD BIRD FOR LIFE!!!!

Final Judgement: It's a book about stock. What were you expecting?

Spoiler discussion: Wherein I spoil Broth and Stock from the Nourished Kitchen: Wholesome Master Recipes for Bone, Vegetable, and Seafood Broths and Meals to Make with Them... Jesus squeeze us, that was a mouth full.

You really clicked on the spoiler tag? Wow. Okay. I guess I need to put something here then...

Palm Springs commercial photography